Saturday, August 2, 2014

So I threw a baby shower for my bestie

If there is one thing I like doing, it's throwing a party - the more elaborate party the better.
Much to my husbands disgust, I tend to go over the top.  I can't help it. I look at Pinterest for ideas and this crazy person just pops out.

So in the spirit of research I created a new pin board, but I was sneaky about it. The Mumma-to-be (Jacqui) follows me on Pinterest so I set up a board that we could both pin on. Now for those who don't know Jacqui she is a little obsessed with animal print (and by a little I mean a whole game reserve practically lives at her place) - me, I have a love/hate relationship with it, mostly hate.

So when Jacqui started pinning things in animal print, being the moody cow I am, I said no. Like,
NO
Like,  I DON'T CARE HOW MUCH I LOVE YOU AND IT'S YOUR BABY SHOWER BUT MY HOUSE IS AN AMIMAL PRINT FREE ZONE.  
And yes, shouty caps were necessary.
But I was sneaky...and I set up a secret Pinterest board with all the imaginable zebra print party items a baby shower could ever need and want. It's no longer a secret, so knock yourself out and click the link if you're thinking about a zebra themed anything.
ALL THE THINGS ZEBRA

So all my planning, research, sneaky buying and DIYing all came together a few weeks ago in what I might say myself was a brilliant day. 


   
 
   
  
 

And saving my most favourite pic of the day for last:
Jacqui with a teeny tiny baby tutu 💕


No comments:

Post a Comment