Wednesday, July 27, 2011

I was in your store earlier today

*Sigh* These are the last words you want to hear when you work in retail because they are usually the precursor to a conversation that you really don't want to be having. So today I was pleasantly surprised to answer the phone to a lovely customer who was wanting to thank me for the service I gave her. I was so pleasantly surprised that I thought I'd blog about it (ya know, ASW and all that jazz).

In reality I didn't do much more for her than I would for anyone else. I offered assistance, she was specific in her needs and I managed to source what she wanted. Just another day at the office really. What I guess made it impressive was that she left the store and returned again to purchase more and to thank me. Then phoned a few hours later to thank me again. In this day and age, you don't really get much thanks in retail. Hell there are days where you are lucky if you get an acknowledgement but it's customers like this that make the job worthwhile.

Now in turn this has rubbed off on to me. I've always been friendly and polite to people serving me but I've never rang anywhere and said thanks. I honestly don't know if I'd go that far, but I do make sure that I really thank the person who has shown me great customer service. Not that over the top crazy shit, but the genuine stuff that hopefully that person will walk away remembering.




No comments:

Post a Comment