Monday, June 27, 2011

Online Junkie

 Just today I happened to be talking to some of the girls at work about online forums and they seem to have come to the conclusion that I'm some computer freak. Now I don't think that I'm all too over the top and I know a lot of people that frequent online forums, but how much is too much?

I joined my first online forum way back in 2004. It was a parenting forum. I'm still a member to this day but post very sporadically. To be perfectly honest, I use that forum more as entertainment, fodder for other forums which have sprung from it's loins. Which brings me to all the other forums I've picked up along the way. There has been the one whose "name shall never be mentioned" on the aforementioned parenting site, two or three weightloss forums, forums that have sprung from friendships from the original site, forums that have sprung from the "name shall not be mentioned" site, forums from TV shows, private Facebook groups. They are just a few that spring to mind.

Now I'm no longer a member of all of them, but there are at least three that I am a regular poster on. I've made friendships through some of them that I hope are lifelong. I've met people IN REAL LIFE, not just names on a screen. I've even been to a group meet in another state, which may seem quite weird to some but these women have been in my life almost daily for three years now.

So who else is part of the freak show? Are you a forum member? How many forums do you follow?

2 comments: