Sunday, January 30, 2011

Arachnophobics look no further

So this morning Jack decided to climb into bed with us at I-can't-be-bothered-looking-at-the-clock o'clock and was restless for ages, so consequently I had a crappy sleep. Then I get woken up at 6.30am by Jack shaking me telling me there is a spider. I still had my eyes shut and asked him where (thinking knowing him it's just a Daddy Long Legs) and what type only to be told that it's big, black and look it's up here. I pried my eyes open only to see directly above our head this:

Now my reaction was that of any good Arachnophobe - I let out a ginormous squeal and flew out of the bed faster than the speed of light. Of course that squeal woke the rest of the house, so everyone is in our bedroom while Brian is working out how to kill the bastard without it falling on to our pillows. Ewww, ewwww, ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww. I still squirming just writing this. Brian's common sense prevailed (thankfully considering mine had made a hasty retreat once the spider appeared) and the bed was pulled away from the wall, said spider was sprayed and when it fell to the floor, smashed to smitherines by my trusty moccasin (for the moccasin naysayers - see they're good for something).

So after all this drama, surprisingly I fell back into a somewhat peaceful slumber for about another hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment