Sunday, April 4, 2010

We're going to the zoo, the zoo, the zoo...

Being Easter Sunday, we decided to join the masses for a fun filled Easter Egg hunt at:
Which would have been great, if we could find any bloody eggs. Now apparently there were thousands of plastic eggs hidden all over the zoo. Once you got some, you went to the egg redemption place and exchanged the plastic egg for a showbag. Then supposedly the plastic eggs where rehidden around the zoo. I say supposedly as we searched high and low for these damn eggs but couldn't find any - not even one. Luckily they had a section for smaller kids where they were constantly putting eggs out so we managed to finally get the kids a showbag each. Everyone got a soft toy elephant which they were really happy about.
 We got to see a live show with Terri, Bindi, Robert and some keepers. The kids were excited as we weren't sure if they would actually be there.
 The show wasn't really that informative. Really the two main things I learnt were:
1. Bindi Irwin cannot sing, and
2. When a crocodile keeper swears whilst almost getting bitten, it's probably not part of the show.
_____________________________________________
On the way to Australia Zoo there was some great scenery. It reminded me of something you'd see in a movie.
Check out this place. It reminded me of Close Encounters of the Third Kind Or if you're a Goodies fan like me it reminded me of Knutters Knoll.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, that's right where I used to live! Lost count of the times I've driven past Mt Tibrogargan... the big rock ape! He's an icon! I miss Qld!

    ReplyDelete