Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The great debate over what to call certain parts of the human anatomy is finally solved

Ever since Liam was born, Brian and I have been arguing over what we words we'd like the boys to use for various body parts. Doodle was decided nice and easy, but as for the girl bits a battle has ensured with me refusing to back down. Brian seriously wants to teach the kids to call it (Gran close your eyes if you're reading) Fanny. What the hell is up with that? I just cannot imagine that word coming out of an innocent childs mouth. So this argument has gone on for five years now. We've managed to get this far without the boys asking the direct question.

But today all thanks to this painting and the conversation following, all our problems are solved.


Liam: Mum I did this painting of you today. You're the yellow one.
Me: Cool, great picture babe. Who else is in the painting?
Liam: I'm blue and the other one is Daddy.
Me: I thought you said it was me?
Liam: It can't be you cause this ones got a doodle!
Me: Oh, ok.

Silence for about 2 minutes

Liam: When it's you I do a stripe.
Me: What do you mean?
Liam: You don't have a doodle, you have a stripe, so that's what I paint.

I have never in my life had to fight so hard to stifle laughter.

2 comments:

  1. Lol. Well, there you go then. A stripe. I think you should make his Dad sit him down now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's GOLD!

    Frame that painting for his 21st, won't you?

    ReplyDelete